May 03, 2009

"I don't despise James Stewart, I just despise his fans"


The headline quote is not mine, but it paraphrases sentiments I've read posted at various motocross message boards over the years. Did Las Vegas rock for Stewart? I don't know; I wasn't there and I didn't see it or hear it and haven't read much about it yet (and that will soon change), but I'm looking at this shot and guessing that the reason the guys in the front row aren't cheering and clapping and giving James thumbs up and all that, is that they were actually hired to hold the railing in place.

Or maybe their arms are just too tired after all the cheering they did for the winner of the main event, Ryan Villopoto. In any case, the guy who would know, GuyB at Vital MX that is, says the fans were appreciative.

No comments: