August 19, 2005


Here's a cool pic of me with Racer X's Davey Coombs (far left) and the great David Bailey (middle, as if you didn't know) at the Glen Helen charity golf tournament way back in 2000. This day represented a turning point for me, as I went from just another fan to being on a first name basis with some of the stars of the sport. I won the online auction to be the golf cart driver for some other current racer (whose name I now forget!), but when I showed up at the tournament, the organizers asked me if I would have any problems with driving Mr. Bailey around!

So imagine this scene: it's too early in the morning, it's cold and overcast and David Bailey is looking pretty grumpy... and I show up. He didn't look too stoked when I met him (probably was hoping some hottie was going to chauffeur him around), but I had brought along some photos I took of him at the 1986 500 Nationals at his old home track of Lake Sugar Tree and we hit it off after that. By the end of the day, he was introducing me to the other riders! And yes, as you can imagine, David Bailey is my favorite motocross hero!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: