August 25, 2005

You Gotta Hear This: last nights DMXS radio show

I missed the show when it was live last night, but I caught the archived version and you can too. Here's a link to last night's DMXS radio show, which featured trainer extraordinaire Jeff Spencer, Sarah Voss on the Women's Motocross Foundation bowling fundraiser, and most entertainingly, Ryan Hughes, David Bailey and Roger DeCoster getting stuff off their chest.

David Bailey… wow! Talk about shooting straight from the hip. I’m not even gonna quote him… you have to listen for yourself. As a 5-time member of Team USA, he is quite qualified to voice his opinion about what’s happening this year, and I’ll tell you this… he ain't happy!

Ryno also got on and laid it on the line, about his switch to the 250, er, 450 class (which I TOLD him he should have done at the beginning of the season in my "Open Letter To Ryan Hughes" back in May!), about certain riders not earning their keep, etc.

But DeCoster really brought it all home. He made one thing very clear to me: they want to win the MXdN so bad that they feel like they’ll be in trouble if they don’t. And winning is the sole reason behind the replacement of Mike Brown by Ivan Tedesco, who, according to Roger, was already selected as the alternate back in July. I didn’t know that. In any case, Roger gives a great interview and you will be hurting yourself if you don’t go check it out.

No comments: