May 17, 2007

My Supercross Wrap Up: I'm Late!

Do ya see that countdown clock over on the right border of this page? As I write this, it says there are only two days before the start of the 2007 outdoor national motocross championships! So before THE GREAT OUTDOORS kicks off, I thought I better revisit my predictions for the 2007 indoor motocross title chase.

Way back in January, after much deliberation and beer drinking, I posted this column and listed the following picks for the top five:

1) James Stewart, Jr.
2) Chad Reed
3) Kevin Windham
4) David Vuillemin
5) Tim Ferry

And here are the actual results, for the World SX Championsip:

1) James Stewart
2) Chad Reed
3) Tim Ferry
4) David Vuillemin
5) Michael Byrne

Finally, the results from the National SX Championship:

1) James Stewart
2) Chad Reed
3) Tim Ferry
4) Kevin Windham
5) Ivan Tedesco

So, I was ALMOST right with my predictions, eh? Overall, I have to really give praise and credit to Tim Ferry for exceeding my expectations... and probably everyone else's, as well!

But enough of that: Hangtown, here we come!

No comments: