May 17, 2005

In Their Own Words, courtesy TWMX

Yesterday I questioned why Team Yamaha's Chad Reed and David Vuillemin decided to race the Prequel at Glen Helen on Saturday. I only had to wait to read Transworld Motocross' Monday Kickstart to find out. I was just too impatient!

According to the article, Chad said "If I felt like I was in a position where I was beat and tired and ready for a weekend off, I would have taken it. But I would have been riding this weekend any way, so I thought, 'I'll come race, do two 35-minute motos, see where we're at. As it worked out, I think it was a good stepping stone for me. There are some things that we need to work on, and some things that I'm really proud of and pleased to see that are working."

Nice head-game shot at his competitors who may have said they were tired and wanted a weekend off! The mindgames that Chad and Ricky have played on each other during Supercross practices have been epic... looks like they'll continue into the outdoor campaign!

David Vuillemin didn't directly address the question, but 125 class hopeful Ryan Hughes did. When asked why he was in the big bike class for the Prequel, he said he did it for the money: "First of all, the biggest purse is in the 250 class, so when you do your own team, you need every penny you can get."

Then Ryno went further, admitting he had some mindgame tactics of his own: "I can also watch the guys that I'm racing against, see their weaknesses and what they do right and wrong. Learn from them and also keep it my speed as kind of a question. They see me riding a 450, and if I can do what I think I can do, then they're going to have it in their mind…watch out."

That's cool Ryno, but it seems to me that if you "can do what I think I can do", you oughta be doing it in the premier class. We need your talent there, man!

No comments: