June 07, 2005

About Those Links Over Yonder...

Some of you eagle-eyed folks may have noticed the links on the right side of this page. Sure, they're only the most-visited motocross sites in the world, but why are they here? Well, I have chosen to only host links to sites of organizations that have meaning to me. Let me explain how each of them have created this meaning...

MotoDrive is literally my home-away-from-home, a place where I can log in during a terrible day at the office and let off some steam, as well as being a place where I have met some really great motocross phanatiques. Benevolently run by Steve Gibberson, a web tyrant with a heart of gold, to me MotoDrive is one of the very few motocross bulletin boards that can be relied upon for honest, heart-felt discussion of the sport... it's just that the discussion is usually conducted by people who are certifiably insane!

Racer X Illustrated is probably the most trustworthy source of motocross news on the web. Davey Coombs and his web guru Jeff Kocan do a great job of keeping us up-to-date. Plus, Davey has been kind enough to actually give me passes to a few supercrosses, so he DEFINITELY has a special place in my heart... and on my blog!

TransWorld Motocross is also a great source of motocross information, but Donn Maeda and his staff take it even further by providing the world with great video of the world's fastest riders and the country's most beautiful moto-babes. You want a motocross screensaver? TWMX has some of the best, AND they update them weekly. Donn has also been so kind as to give me a sort of factory sponsorship when he lent me an '05 YZ450 AND paid for my entry to the 2005 Day In The Dirt event... so the LEAST I can do is provide a link, right?

One Industries makes some of the best-looking graphics and apparel in the motocross industry and their website is cutting-edge. I had the opportunity to meet owner Danny Dobey early this year, and he was gracious enough to listen to me rant and rave and he STILL picked up the bar tab... link-worthy behavior! Thanks Danny!

Finally (for now), On The Pipe Racing, located somewhere in Wisconsin, makes the list because the owner, Lee, has not only been so kind as to reprint some of my columns, but more importantly, this guy has restored some of the prettiest motocross bikes ever made. Gregg Primm may have more bikes, but Lee's collection goes straight to the heart. You have to check his work out.

No comments: